Friday, February 4, 2011

More about Petra


Petra is listed among the 7 New Wonders of the World. Built by the Nabateans between the 3rd and 1st centuries before Christ, Petra was rediscovered by Hohann Burckhardt in 1812, Petra is an extensive area of ancient city and tombs. We took hundreds of photographs here, One of Bruce's favorites id the white donkey resting near a tomb entrance. My luggage is weighted down with equipment I used only for Petra: sturdy trekking boots, heavy rain coat, sun tan lotion, sun hat. To safely and comfortably climb to the famous Monastery, in my opinion, you need trekking boots, although good sneakers will suffice. You must be prepared for sun, cold, rain and high winds, all within a few hours. The weather can change very dramatically and fast in Petra. You also may need to wade through some water during which sneakers can get wet. So, I was very happy I had my mountain trekking boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment