Thursday, February 24, 2011

Back to Boston or Sleeping In at 2:30 AM

It's 2:30 AM and I slept in because back in Jordan it is now 9:30 in the morning. After a 13 hour flight we arrived at Logan Airport yesterday morning. It is always fun being back to tv and road signs in English and family and friends. Thankfully beautiful sunny weather greeted us. Lots of residual snow of course and more on the way, but we are happy to be home.

Update April 4
Our Middle East trip is just a memory now. It has been over a month since we returned. I have decided that my favorite part of the trip was Jordan. Since I returned I find myself reading and seeing everything I can find about this beautiful country. I would definitely like to go back.
To learn more about Jordan I suggest the books and any writings by Arab-American author Diana Abu-Jaber, books about the discovery of Petra, and also Leap of Faith by Queen Noor. Good websites about Jordan include Ruth Caswell's Jordan Jubilee http://www.jordanjubilee.com/ Ruth, originally from Wales, divides her time now between Paris and Jordan. Her site offers a lot about the history, the people and the practicalities of Jordan. I find it helpful to read Amman's English-language newspaper The Jordan Times which, although presents the government slant, gives the latest news about what is happening in Jordan.
To get a sense of what Jordan is like, watch the video Land of Inspiration. which is Jordan in 5-minutes: the treasures, desert, food, excitement, traffic of Amman, and the wonderful welcoming people.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=785187475977
A final word about cameras. I am absolutely 100% satisfied with my purchase of the Canon PS95. What a fantastic little camera! With total ease, this small pocket camera took beautiful shots all on automatic. Read the top reviews on Amazon.com. I recommend ignoring the negative reviews regarding video. For me the S95 videos were fine and the stills are outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment