Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Count Down


Jeez. Everything is great! Last night Young and Maddie trated us to delicious "Rib Eye Steaks with Chipotle Butter". Today I am alone safe in my cozy nest listening to the news on tv and playing on my computer, but in a few days I will be with Bruce somewhere in the desert in a flea-bitten, bed-bug-infested, grim, cold, hotel room, praying that the Tunisian domino effect has not gotten to Jordan yet. I wonder if I can get my job back ;-)

The weather will be better there than in New England. However the coldest I've ever been was in Tunisia when classrooms had no heat. We all wore our coats and sometimes wool gloves, esp. first period which was very cold after a night without the 40 +/- human furnaces running. Winter time some students, especially the boarders from the hinterland, would wear their hand woven wool djellebas w/ the hoods on. These kids always made me mad because the rest of us were denied the radiant heat from their heads.

I have done almost no research for this trip. We are in each country for such a short time that for me it is a no-brainer what to see. Today I have to pick up a couple of things, get my hair cut, and do a trial pack. I will refine my computer - I set up a special homepage w/ weather and info about each country - that is a fun project. My biggest fear is when Bruce sees how light my luggage bag is, he tries to saddle me with his crap. Bruce brings a leather toilet kit filled with all sorts of junk he won't use. I bring a tooth brush, comb and a bar of laundry soap in a baggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment